Welcome to AirborneMovie.com

Welcome to the home of the 1993 classic movie about rollerblading, surfing, Cincinnati, love and fighting for what you believe in. Oh ya, it's also about a shark named Pepe and bean burritos. Airborne is an American comedy-drama film directed by Rob Bowman and starring Shane McDermott, Seth Green, Brittney Powell, Chris Conrad, Jacob Vargas, and Jack Black. Seth Green and Jack Black launched their careers with this movie while Shane, the lead, stepped back from the Hollywood limelight.

When this movie came out I was 10 years old and it made a huge impact on me. My best friend and I instantly convinced our parents to get us rollerblades so that we could find our own devil's backbone in our city and put our lives on the line. Growing up in southern California, I felt a connection to the main character. With the opening scene in Manhattan Beach, I saw some familiar locations and thought I was seeing an older, cooler version of myself. The template was set. For the next few years, my style was basically a copy of Mitchell Goosen. 

Shane McDermott's portrayal of the surfing, rollerblading god-meets-spiritual gangster, was on point and it's hard to imagine anyone else in the role. There is a good chance the movie wouldn't have had the same cultural impact it did were any of the main cast swapped out. The dynamic just worked and made for some great cinema that has stood the test of time and developed into a bonafide cult classic.


Comments

Popular Posts